Vicarious Body Painting


When was I was into vicarious body-painting? Seems like it would have been the early '70s. I think this one was the very first. The originally glossy paper looks like it's been around for a while.

Actually I think this phase lasted about two days, so I wouldn't want to guess what order the other alterations were made in. I think I just paged through magazines until an alteration suggested itself.


 The next one is supposed to be fire. The marker ink faded, or wasn't very good in the first place, apparently.

I hope this is recognizable as a skiier. There is a temptation to touch up these pictures for clarity. But no.

Most men, given a choice -- armpit hair or candidiasis? -- would probably choose the yeast infection. I wish I had a dollar for every time some guy has made a snarky remarky about braided armpits.

The July 1977 issue of Oui magazine contained pictures that looked strangely familiar. Some Italian named Chiaro Scuro did the art, and the exhibit consisted of the live models showing it off, and two of the “canvasses” were kidnaped, and it's an amusing little spoof.
More recently, someone has been painting shoes on feet and no, I don't know where this came from. But I do think there ought to have been a sock on the one in the middle. Does anyone really wear that style of shoes without socks?



Comments

Unknown said…
I discovered your blog while on a rabbit hole
It’s been a pleasure to travel a bit here
Keep on being yourself! (You seem cool)